Pokemon Voyager GBA ROM
|Ghoulslash & klemniops
|November 7, 2022
Pokemon Voyager is a Pokemon GBA ROM that was developed/Created by Ghoulslash and Klemniops (Original Creator) The current version of the ROM is ‘v0.3.6’ which is based on Pokemon Emerald. The ROM was last updated on ‘November 7, 2022’ and the new version is yet to be rolled out.
Thousands of years ago, a cataclysmic event upended the majority of the planet’s landmass. Sea levels rose to drastic levels, forcing Pokémon and mankind alike into the formerly high-altitude region of Keplara. Generations later, the region’s ever-growing population would force humanity to encroach upon the feral Pokémon’s territory, increasing tensions across the region. With no other land on Earth to populate, Keplara’s human residents have begun to explore alternatives for human expansion. Some choose to explore the land or sea, but others turn their attention toward the stars and space-faring technology.
Your entire life has been spent in Andromeda City, the vibrant heart of Keplara. Your father serves in the Andromeda PD, while your mother holds the esteemed position of being the local Antares League gym leader. In due time, you aspire to acquire your own Trainer’s License and make a name for yourself as a respected Pokémon trainer.
However, that day is not today. Today marks a significant moment for Andromeda City—an exciting day when your mother’s Antares League gym relocates to a stunning new venue. It’s a state-of-the-art skyscraper within the Pokémon community, perched on the top floors, promising a grand spectacle. Although there are a few remaining tasks of moving and unpacking before the grand opening, you and your father are more than capable of handling them. What could possibly disrupt this anticipated day?
Fakemon: currently 76+ Fakemon are sprinkled throughout the region!
Highly Customizable Difficulty, Randomizers, Challenges, and Nuzlocke Modes: Whether you want a real challenge or to focus on the story, you can customize your gameplay experience!
Custom Battle Engine: Using DizzyEgg/RHH’s upgraded poke emerald battle engine as a base, Pokémon Voyager’s battle engine is up to date with Gen 8 standards, and includes several custom moves, effects, abilities, and items that have been added to develop a unique battling experience!
Rotation Battles: Pokémon Voyager’s includes rotation battles from Generation 5+6! In this mode, you have three Pokemon on the field at once, but only 1 active battler. You can rotate freely between each active Pokemon, but you only attack with your leading Pokemon! Available in the Battle Factory.
Battle Factory Mode: In the mood for some quick no-commitment battles? Boot up Battle Factory Mode and play a challenge with a rental Pokémon team! Be a trendsetter for your story-mode playthrough, where your winning Battle Factory mode outfits can be purchased at a discount!
Pokemon Research: Encounter Pokemon species even your Pokedex cannot identify! You can unlock your inner Pokemon Professor and research these novel species through in-game experiences and/or with the help of a Pokemon Researcher to unlock their attributes!
- Character Customization: 60 outfits available for personalizing your character’s appearance.
- Charisma System: Charisma options during certain events influence interactions with NPCs and story characters.
- Field Moves: HMs usable by any capable Pokémon, registered to L, R, or Select for auto-performing field moves.
- Casino Games: Blackjack and Texas Hold’em additions, accompanied by various casino prize booths.
- Daily Pokémart Specials: Special daily offerings at Pokémart.
- City Maps: Maps aid in locating important landmarks within cities.
- Journal and Side Quest System: An organized system for managing journal entries and side quests.
- Overworld Pokémon: Encountering stray Pokémon in the overworld.
- Alternate Evolutions: Unique evolutions with distinct names as alternate forms.
- Mega Infusion: A feature not yet available in the game.
- Dexnav/Hidden Pokémon: A feature not yet available in the game.
- Custom Poké Balls: 16 unique Poké Balls with specific catching bonuses.
- Critical Capture: An exciting capture mechanism enhancing gameplay.
- Quality of Life Changes: Various improvements for a more enjoyable gaming experience.
- Some trainers will react to the Pokémon you send out!
- Exp. All have a new mode: Bias Active!
- New fakemon sprites! Ameoberg redesign, new party icons for many fakemon, and Fallsheer has a new shiny palette
- A full multi-hit refactor thanks to RHH!
Notable Bug Fixes:
- The double battle hang fix has been fixed
- SoS battles no longer overwrite the player’s healthbox with the 2nd party mon info
- Several other minor fixes
For Full release notes: https://ghoulslash.github.io/pokevoyager/releases.html